Home Improvement Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for contractors and serious DIYers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I am trying to hook up a 40# LP tank to my house to supply my gas stove. I have the LP conversion kit installed and piping installed and inspected to the the exterior. Can I just use flexible piping (i.e. Mr Heater type/gas grill) and connect it from the house termination to the tank?

share|improve this question
I haven't read through the codes, but I think either rigid pipe (black steel pipe), or Corrugated stainless steel tubing (CSST) is acceptable. You're probably not going to be using the same piping you used for your portable gas grill, unless your gas grill is really heavy duty. – Tester101 Jan 10 '14 at 13:06

The gas grill lines aren't OK but CSST, which is a flexible line usually painted yellow for interior or black plastic coating for exterior, should be OK. Here is a safety website about CSST http://www.csstsafety.com/

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.