Take the 2-minute tour ×
Home Improvement Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for contractors and serious DIYers. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I've moved into my new home, which has a marble chip plaster wall:

enter image description here


Is it possible to paint over a wall like this, and how would I do that? I've been told that it requires special treatment, but not what kind exactly.

share|improve this question
Do you want a textured or smooth surface? –  bib Dec 16 '13 at 21:35
@bib, textured is fine. It's just the color that I want to change. –  user18654 Dec 16 '13 at 22:07

1 Answer 1

I think you'd have to plaster that before painting it. I'd give it a few months if you haven't just in case it grows on you - it's an expensive and unique finish, and it's going to be expensive to change, with no way to go back.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.