Home Improvement Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for contractors and serious DIYers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I started a retaining wall with rounded concrete blocks and am not able to find additional blocks to finish the job. I've looked extensively and cannot find a supplier. Having a more specific name for the style might aid the continued search process. The face of the block is 17" wide and 9" high and the depth of the block is 11".

Photo of the existing block wall

share|improve this question
Please see the section on off-topic questions in the help center, and this meta discussion for more details about our product recommendation policy. – Niall C. Dec 16 '13 at 2:03
This is a very unusual design, easily damaged and hard to create in a mold due to the faux river cobble face. It is probably regional as well. I would contact the masonry yard you got the originals from and see if you can trace the manufacturer and then find out who they distribute to. Most retaining wall block that is created to have a more natural face has evolved to a much simpler design to prevent damage in transport. – Fiasco Labs Dec 16 '13 at 16:48
Where did you get the original ones? – DA01 Dec 16 '13 at 17:41
Check the edit history - it came from HD but I removed that in editing to move it "on-topic" after it was put on hold. – Ecnerwal Dec 16 '13 at 22:10
:-) google reverse image search says the nearest matches are several impressionist paintings and youtube video of drug use. Strike out. – Bryce Dec 26 '13 at 4:10

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.