Home Improvement Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for contractors and serious DIYers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I'm planning to finish a concrete block fence and would like to cap it with a rounded half-moon style block for aesthetics (the whole thing will be covered with surface-bonding cement for an adobe-ish look). Trouble is, I'm having difficulty finding any and am not altogether convinced that such blocks exist. So do they?

block wall topped with half-moon block

share|improve this question
up vote 4 down vote accepted

They make them. Not concrete blocks per se but other precast concrete units. You'll need to find out if you're local suppliers carry them or you have a precast stone manufacturer near you.

The family of products you're talking about, which includes not only the half round but other shapes, are called concrete coping stones. That should help you ask around to see if you can get them.

share|improve this answer
Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks! – iLikeDirt Dec 13 '13 at 20:01

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.