Home Improvement Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for contractors and serious DIYers. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

enter image description here

I saw these on a bookcase in a shop today, but don’t know what they are called.

Also is there an easy way to make them, or can they be bought “off the shelf”

share|improve this question
up vote 6 down vote accepted

This appears to be a "sawtooth shelf support" like the one shown in this article.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.