Take the 2-minute tour ×
Home Improvement Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for contractors and serious DIYers. It's 100% free, no registration required.

We just moved in to a house that has blinds built in between the window panes. We like them, but one of them is not functional (the blinds are closed, and rotating the dial that controls the blind angle doesn't do anything. I think I just need to replace the small unit that holds the dial. I took it apart and it appears broken. My issue is that I have no idea what brand these are to get started investigating how to DIY this. I know I could call the local window company, but that isn't really DIY, and I don't really want them to come all the way out to my house to tell me what kind of windows I have. See photos below.

Window (please excuse our cat) Window (close-up) Broken Piece

share|improve this question
Some manufacturers etch their name in the corner of the glass. Others put their name on the spacer bar between the two pieces of glass. Many others do not put their name on the window. If you take a picture of the inside of the unit that holds the dial we may be able to suggest a way to repair it. –  getterdun Nov 25 '13 at 10:11

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.