Home Improvement Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for contractors and serious DIYers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Grainger doesn't have it, Northern Tool doesn't have it, and Lowes doesn't have it. Home Depot has a lower temperature (200F) Armaflex, but doesn't have HT Armaflex. (HT Armaflex, by the way, is a high-temperature rubberized pipe insulation.)

Does anyone know where I can get this stuff? :(

PS: I'm in DFW, TX.

share|improve this question
You may want to re-word your question and include some specifics to keep it from getting closed. (Although, it might just get closed for being off-topic or too localized anyway.) First off, what's the temperature rating you're looking for? What are you going to use it for, etc. Also, you may want to specify that Armaflex is pipe insulation - at least that's what I got from Google. Would another brand work? If not, why? The more information you give us, the more we can help. – Doresoom Dec 20 '10 at 23:36
It's for a solar hot water job. I've read two books on solar hot water and taken a training course, and all I've ever seen recommended is HT Armaflex. I couldn't tell you what's special about it, though, because it seems to me that if something can withstand 300F or better, it should work(?) – Michael Dec 21 '10 at 2:16
You can always try contacting the company, and ask if there's any distributors locally ... when telling their website US/TX, I got : armacell.com/www/armacell/INETArmacell.nsf/web/… – Joe Dec 21 '10 at 23:48
up vote 2 down vote accepted

Mike, check out your local HVAC professional supply houses. I didn't try it, but often times the manufacture's web site with have links to suppliers also.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.