Home Improvement Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for contractors and serious DIYers. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I was repairing my leaky old qest PB angle valves in preparation to replace my faucets, and I overtightened a nut and broke it. Can I replace the 3/8" supply line with a flexible braided supply with the integrated nut? The nut on the qest fitting is 1/2" but the supply inlet is 3/8", so I'm not positive that this will work.

share|improve this question
up vote 0 down vote accepted

I purchased a 1/2" IPS braided supply but the design doesn't permit the inner sealing cone to sit within the 3/8" opening in the quest valve, making it impossible to use. It seems the only option with these is the original type nut and a 3/8" OD supply tube/line.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.