Home Improvement Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for contractors and serious DIYers. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Can I use a 150 V, 250 V, 300 V, or 400 V transformer for a 208Y/120 V service to a structure with the power company providing a 480V service?

share|improve this question

closed as off-topic by Tester101 Oct 21 '13 at 9:57

  • This question does not appear to be about home improvement within the scope defined in the help center.
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

What country? This is usually provided by your local power company to ensure safety. – Fiasco Labs Oct 21 '13 at 6:57
This question appears to be off-topic because it is about power distribution, which is not a do-it-yourself topic. – Tester101 Oct 21 '13 at 9:57

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.