Home Improvement Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for contractors and serious DIYers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

There is a small crack in the overhead water tank, about 6 inches by 1 inch. The tank is made up of fiber glass. Is there any chemical that can be used for filling the crack?

share|improve this question
Please help get more clarification in your question by identifying what a Sintex tank is and what material it is made of. It may also be useful to know what size it is in linear dimensions, approximate locations of crack and size of the crack (length and width). – Michael Karas Oct 10 '13 at 5:09

When I worked in a fiberglass piping company we used a fiberglass resin mixture that was thickened with a product called aeroseal. This made the resin extremely thick which allowed us to fill spaces between two fiberglass pipes. The mixture was then sanded and fiberglassed with resin and glass both inside and out.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.