Take the 2-minute tour ×
Home Improvement Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for contractors and serious DIYers. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I must have overheated the burner. Nothing spilled and the mark will not go away with cleaning. Is there anything that I can do about the mark on the surface?

share|improve this question
2  
What kind of stove top? Glass? Ceramic? Induction? Coil? –  longneck Oct 9 '13 at 23:10
1  
A picture might be helpful. –  Tester101 Oct 11 '13 at 10:55
add comment

1 Answer 1

I doubt the problem was overheating. Probably something on the bottom of the pan burned, or even hard water can sometimes leave a mark.

Try some glass stovetop cleaner and/or a Brillo pad.

share|improve this answer
add comment

Your Answer

 
discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.