Take the 2-minute tour ×
Home Improvement Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for contractors and serious DIYers. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Maybe four years ago, our AC "froze up" (as I recall), and there was water soaking into the wood it sits on. (The inside unit is in a hall closet with the big air return vent underneath it.) Later I noticed some black/brown Mold (I assumed) in that closet. So I got sprayed some diluted bleach on the spots, and wiped it down as far as I could reach. (The closet is very very small and cramped and I can't even reach most of the walls or equipment). Today we had to have the outside unit replace, and I believe they said they replaced the coil inside--it doesn't look any different from before. However, now there appears to be much more of the moldy-looking stuff. So it must be spreading. Is this dangerous? Do I need to have some kind of service person come and take care of it? I don't think I can reach it well enough to help, but might someone have special equipment? I assume I need to do something about it--do I?

The repairman didn't mention it at all; should he have?

share|improve this question
add comment

Your Answer

 
discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.