Home Improvement Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for contractors and serious DIYers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I'm currently designing a replacement kitchen for my house. The kitchen is U shaped so going across three walls of the house. The middle wall is not 90 degrees to the other two, it is more like 105 degrees to one wall and 75 degrees to the other. How do you usually fit kitchen cabinets to these corners? What are different ways this can be done?

share|improve this question
Is "rebuild the kitchen" an answer you could consider? – The Evil Greebo Sep 17 '13 at 17:28

Not all corner cabinets make up both sides of a corner. You can get a cabinet for example that is 42" long but with only a 18" door. Another standard cabinet will butt against it to form a corner. Normally a 3" spacer is used to make clearance for drawers and doors to open. You may need more on your smaller angled corner. I believe they're called blind corner cabinets. They normally leave an hard to access space but slide outs like in the picture below will help.

enter image description here

share|improve this answer

Well if the walls are down I would use this time to get the middle wall at 90 degrees. You might lose a couple inches of space but your kitchen will look a lot nicer. It's not just the cabinets but you will have to deal with countertops and other issues too. We shim out things if you aren't right at 90 but you are a bit off to do that.

share|improve this answer

You could built a custom corner cabinet. alternatively, don't place a corner cabinet, but rather let the cabinets meet at the corner on their outside corners. Then just cover the gap with counter.

Note that the 75 degree wall might cause issues with drawers and doors in the corner. You may want to rethink wrapping cabinets around that particular corner.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.