I am calling a HVAC technician since this is probably too complex a problem for me, but wanted to hear some possible diagnosis.
The symptoms are as follows:
- The A/C is working well during the day (or so it seems).
- For the past three nights however I wake up and it feels hot.
- The thermostat reads 75°F and it is set at 72°F.
- Most importantly a loud vibrating noise is coming from the basement and it is the HVAC unit. This has never happened during the day.
- I shut off the AC and turn on the fan only and I still get the loud noise and vibration.
- After an hour or so, I can hear liquid dripping inside the unit.
Anyone knows what might be the problem? What other information could be useful?