Going beyond 'can' to 'should' will involve asking:
- How long a service life is desired from the shed? This will determine the grade of framing to be used.
- What type of water (fresh or salt)?
- What amount of buoyancy will be available (weight capacity for shed and contents)?
- How tall a structure? Have you considered the 'sail effect' of a rigid structure?
You might look at temporary or permanent carport structures:
For example, the pictured structure has:
• Frame is 17 gauge, 1.315" OD USA-made, triple-galvanized structural steel tubing. • 12.5 oz., 24 mil premium forest green cover comes with a 15 year warranty. • 4'W white skylight.
It has a good snow rating, but snow must be removed manually.
How much snow can my building withstand?
TekSupply structures are very sturdy and capable of withstanding winter months in high snowfall areas. Most snow easily slides off the cover's smooth surface. In the event of buildup, the snow can be easily removed by tapping on the building's ceiling from the inside. For additional safety, most of our buildings are available for purchase with additional rafters. Rafter spacing can be increased from every 4' to every 3' for an additional cost.