I live in a tropical area and the sunlight is generally 'hot' as opposed to what you'd see in the UK.
I'm also color-blind to some extent and I have a lot of trouble trying to get my indoor lighting in order.
- Common CFL bulbs are killing - my eyes hurt a lot.
- Tube lights have a simliarly irritating effect on my eyes.
- I use 'warm white' CFLs mounted on the ceiling but the shades seem to create shadows.
- I have to spend an average of 12 hours in this setting for work.
- The tungstan bulbs are obviously expensive to use (running cost).
- The best so far seem to be are the halogen lamps but they're costly and emit too much heat.
What solution is there to make cost-effective lighting that would be easy on my eyes and give out the effect of early-morning sunlight?
By the way, my walls and ceilings are white.