Home Improvement Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for contractors and serious DIYers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I'm looking for a toilet with an integrated sink. I've seen them on rare occasions: flushing the toilet activates the sink, which re-fills the toilet and tank using the water that drains through the integrated sink above the tank.

Is there a simple way to retrofit an existing toilet with a top-mounted sink?

If retrofitting one is not an option, is there a name for this that I can search for?

share|improve this question
-1 As worded, this is a shopping advice question. – BMitch Aug 22 '13 at 21:05
I think it is a good question. How is this different from this question -diy.stackexchange.com/questions/30926/… ?? He just wants to know if this option exists. – DMoore Aug 23 '13 at 14:42
"Is there a simple way to retrofit an existing toilet with a top-mounted sink?" - Is a DIY question. If you cannot buy a product to meet your needs, you make it. Thats DIY. I've posted an edit to shift the question to fit in these guidelines. – Freiheit Aug 23 '13 at 15:34
Removing my -1 with the latest edits and reopening. – BMitch Aug 23 '13 at 15:38
up vote 4 down vote accepted

You are probably looking for something like this? If you google "grey water toilet sink" you will get lots of results.

share|improve this answer
"prison toilet" could also turn up a few hits. Some are grey-water based. Their main feature is compact size and a single sink/toilet unit. – Freiheit Aug 23 '13 at 16:29

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.