Home Improvement Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for contractors and serious DIYers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

My house's roof-ridge joins a small barn at the center of the barn's roof-ridge forming a "T". The barn does not have a vent cap. Metal flashing was used on both valleys where the house roof meets the barn and the flashing runs all the way to the junction of the T. I have just reshingled the barn and am at the point of capping the ridge. Can anyone tell me how to install the cap at the junction point where the cross of the T meets the stem?

share|improve this question

The lower roof shingles are capped by upper roof.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.