Home Improvement Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for contractors and serious DIYers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

What is the official name for this metal bracket that sits on top of a concrete pier?

What is this called?

share|improve this question
Why the down vote? Is this not an appropriate question to ask? – Mike B Aug 6 '13 at 7:06
up vote 4 down vote accepted

Post anchor is what I have always heard them called. However, Home Depot stores sell them as a Post Base.

share|improve this answer

This is a post-base anchor for what looks to be a 4x4 post.

They come in different sizes and types. This particular kind has a bolt on the bottom that sinks into the concrete by at least 4 inches to secure it to the concrete.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.