Take the 2-minute tour ×
Home Improvement Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for contractors and serious DIYers. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I need a glass cutter that can cut up to 1/2" inch plate glass. I heard the cutter's hone angle is very important, but I'm not sure what does that mean. Does 120 degrees better than 140 or the other way around.

I search through Amazon and eBay for this cutter but couldn't find any reputable ones. Can anyone recommend one from real word experience? I won't be doing a lot of projects with it but I definitely want to get a good one and use it for long long time.

My first use for this cutter will be to cut off 3 inches on a 70" x 42" x 1/2" table top along the short side.

share|improve this question
You need to be certain it's not tempered glass which cannot be cut. –  bib Aug 4 '13 at 2:16
Yes, it's not tempered because one of the corners is broken and the edge is very sharp. –  Ray Cheng Aug 4 '13 at 3:27
add comment

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.