Are directTV dishes usually energized in some way?
I was recently at my grandmothers house installing an over the air digital tv antenna. I decided to use the same coax cable that originally ran to her directTV dish.
I first unplugged the DirecTV receiver then checked other rooms in the house for receivers.
I then looked around for where the coax plugs entered the house. The installer had drilled through the walls in each room and run the cable on the outside.
When I climbed the ladder to remove the old dish I was mildly, but quite irritatingly, shocked. Any time i put my hand back on the bolt I continued to receive this mild shock.
I then went inside the house and turned off the main breaker. Came back out and absolutely no shock.
Is this a symptom of a grounding problem of some type? I have touched a live 120V lead before, and it was a SIGNIFICANTLY worse shock.
Any ideas? Also let me know if this question should be retitled.