I have an Amana air conditioner, a wall unit. It looks to be an ACC085E or ACC085R; I can't seem to find the model number anywhere, so it took a lot of internet sleuthing to find this.
It has a UV light control on the panel, presumably for killing bacteria and mold -- but there's definitely some mold growing in the vent (the cold air output).
While I can't seem to find a replacement UV light part listed anywhere, I do see a UV filter -- which just looks like a little corrugated filter to me. I don't see how it could produce light, and I don't see where the light bulb would be.
I suppose I need to spray some bleach in the thing, but is there any way for me to replace the UV light? Or to check to see if it's even working?