I have a Samsung dryer that has a burnt out heating element. I purchased a new one and removed the old one from the dryer. I have no problem with any of this.
My problem is that the element connectors go through the housing and connect to wires through a ceramic piece as shown here:
I broke this piece by accident and I can't purchase this by itself.
- Is it safe to super glue it and wrap electrical tape around it?
- What purpose does it serve? I am thinking that it keeps the wires from touching the housing.
The housing (the image) that contains that piece runs from $65 to $100. I don't need the whole thing but I will purchase if that is my only option.