Home Improvement Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for contractors and serious DIYers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I have a big crack on my garage floor. I need to fill it and level it out so that I can paint over it using that garage floor epoxy paint. Basically, I'm selling the house and I want to make the house look as presentable as I can. So, what product(s) should I use to fill the crack? Just a concrete repair kit? Cement?

share|improve this question
Related: diy.stackexchange.com/questions/26717/… – Niall C. Apr 19 '13 at 14:08

The paint may cause you trouble, as most want concrete to have cured for 30 days, so make sure that the brand you use will work with your timetable.

The concrete repair products are best for cracks up to 25mm and similar depth. Larger than that would require a concrete patch 1st, filled to within 25mm of the surface. Then the repair patch (just a sanded mortar type) or a refinisher patch product, which can be troweled paper thin.

A concrete bonding agent (usually a latex based product) is used first, especially if any sealing was done previously.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.