Home Improvement Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for contractors and serious DIYers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

The dado rail in our living room is attached with plastic clips that have kind of grove on them. Researching online, it seems that most people have stuck these rails on with glue.

enter image description here

Some of these are broken but I cannot find what they are called or where to buy them either online or in the UK.

share|improve this question

I suspect you could.. well, you could make your own using cut up gift cards or credit cards. It won't be as nice as the originals, but I think the plastic would be the right material.

Could you put up a photo of the groove this snaps into?

share|improve this answer
In retrospect, it looks similar to 80/20 T-Slot covers. They also come in many sizes, so you'll likely find one that'll match. – kavisiegel Dec 27 '13 at 0:17

I have only ever seen them sold with the dado itself and not individually also they are somewhat uncommon now!

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.