Home Improvement Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for contractors and serious DIYers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

We are rebuilding a bathroom in a house in Long Island, New York. We would like to replace this external tub drain with the same. It has no identifiable markings. We need the make or model, or even the proper description would help.

!external tub drain.

enter image description here

share|improve this question
That's a "Standing Waste": diy.stackexchange.com/questions/46954/… – TDHofstetter Aug 15 '14 at 15:22

Are you reinstalling a clawfoot or similar tub? Is this the overflow? Was the bottom of the tub drain connected where the plastic fitting is?

Many vendors supply clawfoot tub reproduction plumbing. The outlet sizes of the tub (both overflow and drain) determine the connections to be used. The older clawfoots used 1 3/8 piping, the newer (and replacements, but check if its 100% reproduction) ones 1 1/2.

share|improve this answer
This is the overflow and the stopper. – iAmNotVeryGoodAtThis Mar 18 '13 at 22:36

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.