Home Improvement Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for contractors and serious DIYers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I'm trying to make a triple-monitor stand using steel plumbing pipe, as I've seen this done by others in the past. Most designs call for 45 degree pipe elbows for the side monitor arms, but this seems to be way too extreme of an angle for my purposes. I've been unable so far to find any other angle sizes of pipe elbows.

share|improve this question
While I'm answering this question, I also suspect it should be closed as off topic (hobby project). – BMitch Jan 23 '13 at 19:22

This doesn't answer your exact question, but why not use a pair of 90 degree elbows to make an adjustable hinge. The first elbow would go vertical, and the second would return it horizontal. Then you can create any angle you'd like.

share|improve this answer
Good answer, I hadn't thought of doing that. I could even use 3 90's to keep the pipe lines relatively straight. – Naftuli Tzvi Kay Jan 23 '13 at 19:54
Only problem would be getting the angle right when gluing the pipes. – Naftuli Tzvi Kay Jan 23 '13 at 19:55
You could leave them loose and adjustable. You could also have a set screw or try something like thread lock to fix it in position non-permanently. – BMitch Jan 23 '13 at 20:17
Set screw sounds great, now to find one :) – Naftuli Tzvi Kay Jan 23 '13 at 20:51

They exist, though maybe not in the material you would like

I would go to a plumbing/HVAC supplier and ask.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.