Home Improvement Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for contractors and serious DIYers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I have been looking for a way to seal a liquid tight product using Listed blanking plugs / Cap-offs or similar to comply with the NEC (US National Electrical Code). We wanted to use Conduit Entry Blind Plug CXP724 but it is not UL listed.

The case is aluminium and the suggested method is to use some thing like a H125CAP from Thomas and Betts.

However it is too tall. The threads are to long and this is a problem for the internals of the device.

As this is for the US market I'm way out of my depth (UK/European) And the difference in names is driving me crazy .... but at least I learnt a thing or two.

As this is the sort of thing an Electrician is likely to meet all the time in building electrical's I thought this might be a good place to ask.

share|improve this question
It sounds like you're making a product, not installing a product. So you'll want to be concerned with Underwriters Laboratories (UL), not National Electrical Code (NEC). – Tester101 Jan 15 '13 at 13:47
Using a Listed product goes a long way when dealing with UL regarding enclosures. There are 3 other holes and 2 will be blanked off (to allow entry from below and either side) the unit will be supplied with 2 off H125CAP's. We want to make it as easy as possible to be installed. I know I personally hate having to go get bits when I install stuff on site. – Spoon Jan 15 '13 at 23:53

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.