Home Improvement Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for contractors and serious DIYers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I have a faucet that closely resembles the one found at http://bit.ly/bTTr8z the WL2-23 near the bottom right of the list. I am having trouble removing the faucet handles in order to look at the internals/change the washer.

Has anyone ever dealt with a faucet like this? It has no obvious access area except for the hole near the bend of the curve of the handle. It doesn't seem to have a screw or anything in there, but I might be missing something.

share|improve this question
up vote 1 down vote accepted

In my experience, a lot of bathroom fixtures use Allen wrenches. Mine (from Pegasus, though) use a 1/16" wrench.

share|improve this answer
that is exactly it, I should have tried that but in my madness the bottom of the well looked like it had a circular hole. Looking again it was clearly hex shaped. Thanks! – MattUebel Oct 24 '10 at 17:43

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.