Home Improvement Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for contractors and serious DIYers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

What kinds of inexpensive wood siding, suitable for a shed, are commonly available in the U.S.? I checked Lowe's and Home Depot, but all they had was a single type of barn-style shiplap. I had expected more of a selection.

share|improve this question
up vote 2 down vote accepted

T-111 is pretty much the standard for that kind of stuff. What kind of a look are you going for? You could always sheath it with OSB and put anything you want on top of that (vinyl, clapboard, etc.)

share|improve this answer
T1-11 is plywood with grooves? – Vebjorn Ljosa Jul 22 '10 at 12:33
@Vebjorn - yes, it's the lapped plywood with vertical grooves. Typically it's made of OSB and "stamped" on the outside with the grooves and a "natural wood" like pattern (and often pre-primed as well) – Eric Petroelje Jul 22 '10 at 12:53

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.