Home Improvement Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for contractors and serious DIYers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I'm currently experiencing the same situation as this post:how-do-i-prevent-this-bath-faucet-from-leaking-while-the-shower-is-running My bath faucet's lever to redirect the water to overhead shower does not fully stop the water.

My plumber is having a difficult time determining the manufacturer to be able to order the nozzle. What are some ways to determine the maker of the nozzle?

Asking since I can't just replace it with the standard chrome or brushed metal ones. My current nozzle is gold-plated (or gold-painted) and the wife would like its replacement to match. Therefore, I need to know the maker to be able to order the part.

share|improve this question
I wouldn't worry about getting the exact one. Even if you could find the make/model, who knows if they still make it or if it is identical (designs change over the years). go find something similar that your wife likes and install it. – Steven Jan 7 '13 at 17:33

Finding the manufacturer/model could be difficult. Is This close enough? Or This?

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.