Home Improvement Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for contractors and serious DIYers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I am looking for a replacement trim valve kit and I am having trouble finding the right one that will fit my current pressure valve. It appears to me to be a model from American Standard.

Click photo for full size

enter image description here enter image description here

share|improve this question

Shut of the hot and cold supply to the shower. Turn the valve to verify that the shut off are stopping the water. Remove the screws that retain the valve. Bring it with you to your local home center or hardware store. Most stores that I have been in have a catalog that allows you to match your part to pictures in the book.

share|improve this answer
Thanks, I'll try this. It is strange that I cannot find any similar looking valves online. This one must be ancient or something. – user969622 Dec 30 '12 at 10:05

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.