I've just replaced the carbon filter again (following the manufacturers procedure (filter model# WHKF-GAC), and once again have noticed that the water coming out looks less drinkable than the water coming from any other tap in the house. The water coming out after not using the faucet for a bit is white (not a bit cloudy, WHITE), and only slightly clears up after running the tap for a minute.
I've followed the manufacturers instructions, and flushed the system for 5 minutes after the filter replacement (what a waste of water). But the problem persists, and from previous experience will likely persist for the next week or so. Is there a way to clear up the water sooner, or do I have to continually waste water flushing the system for a minute or so before drinking?
This has been a problem since the first filter was installed, but the water typically clears up after using the filter for a couple weeks.
Filter Cartridge Replacement Instructions:
NOTE: Before changing cartridge, turn off incoming watersupply. Place a bucket under filter to catch the small amountof water that will run out after housing removal.
- Shut off water.
- Relieve pressure in housing by pushing red vent button.
- Unscrew housing and remove old cartridge. Wash housing thoroughly with mild soap and water.
- Insert new cartridge and re-install housing. Be sure cartridge isseated in the housing before tightening onto head.
- Use filter wrench to fully seat the cartridge. Tighten to make awater tight seal.
- Turn on water. If any leaks appear, tighten housing as needed.
- Flush system for five (5) minutes