Home Improvement Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for contractors and serious DIYers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

At the bottom is a picture of my toilet, where you can see the toilet pipe that enters the floor and that there is ~7 cm of space between the water container and the wall.


Does there exist toilets where the pipe it bent/curved backwards, so the toilet is closer to the wall, and therefore gives more space in front of the toilet?

enter image description here

share|improve this question
up vote 0 down vote accepted

I never seen a toilet with a rough in like that. Anywho, they make toilet flanges with an offset. The offsets come in different sizes. enter image description here

share|improve this answer
Wow. Thanks a lot =) Does the type of toilets have a special name, where such an offset can me mounted? – Sandra Schlichting Nov 9 '12 at 23:49
This will not work in every situation, and can be quite a bit of work to install. You'll have to have access to the plumbing below the toilet to install an offset flange, or you'll have to raise the toilet up to compensate for the height of the fitting (at which time, you could simply re-plumb the drain and avoid using this fitting altogether). – Tester101 Nov 10 '12 at 18:00

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.