Home Improvement Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for contractors and serious DIYers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I have a power breaker fitted with a ducted outlet to exterior wiring. It is in white plastic, same size as twin socket, with push switches for on/off test/restart and neon light. I would like to change this for a similar unit with an integral switched plug socket for interior use to fit the same wall box. What do I need to ask for?

share|improve this question
You want to mount an interior outlet to the exterior? Don't. Unless I'm misunderstanding the question. Please clarify. Also, please specify country so we know what' we're dealing with. – Chris Cudmore Sep 21 '12 at 14:57
Your terms ring strangely in the air. Please supply photos. National context might also help, as Chris Cudmore suggests. – Jeremy W. Sherman Sep 21 '12 at 18:32
So you have a GFCI receptacle that feeds power through to and exterior location, and you want to change the GFCI receptacle out for a GFCI with a switch? – Tester101 Sep 21 '12 at 20:22
All you'll need to ask for is an Electrician. – Tester101 Sep 21 '12 at 20:24

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.