I have a two year old central A/C unit. Every 2/3 months the unit shuts off.
I called the rep/maintenance company and they have given me the following response:
- The cause of the issue is algae building up within the drainage line
- This is due to the climate in Florida
- This is extremely common, and in fact comprises the majority of their service calls
Their solution is to:
- Shop vac the drainage line
- Pour bleach down the line
I have asked co-workers, family members in state, and a friend who's father has been in A/C for a few decades in the south an no one else has heard of this / has this issue.
This was most definitely not explained during the purchase of the new unit.
Does anyone know if this normal? Am I getting hosed?