Home Improvement Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for contractors and serious DIYers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

This is perfect for holding our computer servers. MUST be these measurements (60x24x84)

enter image description here

We need it to bolt/attach to the floor so it won't tip over no matter what.

  1. What is a way to do that with this rack?
  2. Is there a rack in these dimensions that has an easier way to attach itself to the floor? I know Gorilla racks have built in things for this purpose but I can't find one in that size.
share|improve this question
Alternatively, you can run wood screws through the verticals, into a stud and screw it to a wall. – Chris Cudmore Jun 9 '14 at 17:02

I actually have a workbench from the same company and it came with feet that allow you to easily secure it to the floor with a couple screws/lags/etc.


I would inquire with their sales to see if these are available for the shelving unit you are looking at, or if not, a similar unit.

share|improve this answer
What is this "thingy" called? Is it some kind of universal bolt down? – Matt Jun 1 '12 at 21:14
They call them "Leveling foot plates" – Steven Jun 2 '12 at 0:22

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.