Home Improvement Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for contractors and serious DIYers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I'm going to replace an existing 3-hole faucet with a single hole faucet in my kitchen sink. I plan on installing a soap dispenser into one of the other holes, but that will still leave me with one empty hole. Aside from faucets what accessories are available that fit into faucet holes?

share|improve this question
Some Dishwasher Air Gaps do. Hint, hint. ;) – Brock Adams May 1 '12 at 0:28
up vote 13 down vote accepted

The most common I've seen.

  • Sprayer.
  • Soap/lotion dispenser.
  • Filtered water faucet.
  • A Plug to fill the unused hole.

Most single hole faucets come with an extra base piece that covers up the old unused holes.

share|improve this answer

An instant hot water tap would also fit. We have a long run to the hot water heater, and installing one of these units was one of our favorite kitchen improvements.

share|improve this answer

Another use is an air pressure switch for a garbage disposal/food grinder. When we moved in it took a while to discover that using the garbage disposal required opening the cupboard door and reaching underneath the sink for a switch. When we too went from three fittings to one I got the chance to install an air pressure switch in one of the spare holes. (A soap dispenser went in the other hole.)

share|improve this answer

You could use a hole for a sprayer attachement.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.