Hi recently bought an independent house, and I was thinking on installing a couple of indoor/outdoor cameras, and some movement sensors connected to an alarm. I also want to monitor my house from the internet. I was thinking on a X10 system, which I could later integrate with other home automation features. From the prices I've seen, I guess I can accomplish all that for less than $500 USD. But I can't find decent prices in europe (€).
What kind of equipment would you guys suggest for this purpose? Is there a good place to buy this kind of equipment in europe? Should I use other technologies rather than X10?
Addendum: Because a good answer may depend on more details, here's what I'm expecting the equipment to provide me:
- Connecting wired indoor/outdoor cameras
- Connecting movement sensors
- Recording video
- Stream video through the internet
- Raise an alarm through the internet
- Raise an audible alarm
- Have a security keypad near the door
- Control light fixtures (just on/off)
- Control some electrical outlets
- Allow system customization by using a PC to program it (hopefully, through an API and not a proprietary, closed software).