Home Improvement Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for contractors and serious DIYers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I live in a Victorian-era house in Philadelphia. We have a double hung door into the kitchen and one of the hinges has completely given way. I need to find replacements but I'm having some problems finding the right replacement. Here is a photo of the original hinge, and there are more online:

Photo of the hinge

It appears that newer hinges have a slightly different design. Notice how the original folds compared to the one I linked to.

Photo of closed hinge

The door I'm hanging is about 1 1/4" thick.

share|improve this question
up vote 1 down vote accepted

Van Dyke's Restorers has lots of options, a little pricey but sometimes it is the only source

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.