Last night my electric cold water heater stopped working and I'd like to figure out whats wrong with it before going off and calling a repair service.
What are some things I can do to troubleshoot this? So far I've:
- Did a quick check and it isn't isolated to a single room.
- Checked the hot water heater for leaks, but everything appears normal.
- Checked the breaker and it was not tripped. I also flipped it off and back on and that also had no effect.
I broke out my multi-meter and did some further testing:
- I tested the breaker itself. It is working properly.
- I tested the heating elements for resistance. Both read ~12/12.5 ohms
- No power is going to either element (actually, there is but its < 1v)