Home Improvement Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for contractors and serious DIYers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

One of my kitchen cabinet's hinges broke. Luckily I found a replacement part on the original manufacturer's website (#50 90-degree hinge).

Quaker Maid #50 90-degree hinge, closed Quaker Maid #50 90-degree hinge, open

However it's $33 and not the exact same dimensions, so I'd need to drill out the hole to make it larger.

Should I just buy them, or are there other options that might be better? Perhaps different hinges, or an alternate seller?

share|improve this question
up vote 1 down vote accepted

Remove one and see if you can get a part number and manufacturer name. That will narrow your search. Usually companies like Rockler (who sells hardware for cabinets) have a wider choice available than a big box store.

share|improve this answer
Does the OP have to replace both hinges although only one broke? – wsw Apr 15 '15 at 15:33

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.