Home Improvement Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for contractors and serious DIYers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

The staple or brad that connects the control bar to several of the shutters have come off. Some of them are completely lost. How do I repair this?

share|improve this question

I used to own and run a Blind business. Living in Florida, a majority of our volume were shutters. I would suggest getting a staple that is slightly longer than the one that came out and then pushing the new one in.

I would protect the lever with a towel and then use a wide wrench, like a plumbers wrench, to squeeze the staple in. Another option which would probably be easier would be to use the same size staple that fell out and use a two-part epoxy to set them in the holes. You may have to get a small syringe to inject the mix into the tiny holes before inserting the staple.

share|improve this answer
Sounds pretty simple, I'll give that a shot and get back to you. – Shane Feb 13 '12 at 18:07
Plastic syringes are available for these types of uses. My wife works at a vet, so these are at my disposal. If you use one with a metal needle, be VARY careful. Injecting yourself with epoxy would be dangerous. – Evil Elf Feb 14 '12 at 13:45

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.