Home Improvement Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for contractors and serious DIYers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I am confused at what to purchase to replace a 3 light switch and one of the lights is 2 way. It gives me the option of 2G 2 way, 3G 2 way or 4G 2way. Which do I need to purchase?

share|improve this question

closed as too localized by ChrisF Apr 24 '12 at 11:59

This question is unlikely to help any future visitors; it is only relevant to a small geographic area, a specific moment in time, or an extraordinarily narrow situation that is not generally applicable to the worldwide audience of the internet. For help making this question more broadly applicable, visit the help center.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Are you in the UK or the USA? E.g what do you mean by a "2 way" – Walker Dec 28 '11 at 22:36
You have to replace a swich with a like kind. What are you talking about? 3 way, 4 way? – shirlock homes Dec 28 '11 at 23:05
Are you in North America or somewhere else? How many lights are there? How many switches are there? Do you need to replace a light or a switch? What thing is it that is giving you these options? – Skaperen Dec 29 '11 at 5:34
G stands for Gang, which is the number of switches. So if you currently have 3 switches, you'll need to get a 3G to replace the current one. I'm not familiar with European wiring methods and products, so I can't offer much help beyond that. – Tester101 Dec 29 '11 at 12:54

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.