Home Improvement Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for contractors and serious DIYers. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I have an old RH&CO mortise entry lock and the drilled, split spindle is broken. I cannot seem to find the 3" drilled split spindle with a hook at the end anywhere. I have tried local hardware stores and locksmiths without any luck. Can anyone tell me exactly what that type of drilled split spindle is called? It is for a thumb latch.

share|improve this question

closed as not a real question by Steven, Niall C., BMitch Oct 15 '12 at 19:24

It's difficult to tell what is being asked here. This question is ambiguous, vague, incomplete, overly broad, or rhetorical and cannot be reasonably answered in its current form. For help clarifying this question so that it can be reopened, visit the help center.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

A picture might help. – Tester101 Dec 15 '11 at 12:56
Closing due to a lack of response from the OP. – BMitch Oct 15 '12 at 19:23
When I've had problems in the past, I've found it easiest to take it off, and bring it to a locksmith. Or bring a picture if you can't lock your front door without it. The one time they couldn't deal with a strange spindle, I bought a brass one and then took a dremel tool to modify it (as it was keyed down one side) – Joe Oct 16 '12 at 2:59