We're in the middle floors of an apartment building and have had some damage done to our bathroom ceiling around the manhole due to some leaking pipes (minor rupture so there was a bit of water).
The damage is most visible around the manhole primarily because this is how the water leaked down out of the ceiling section. There was a fair bit of water when it was discovered. The leak has been fixed by the buildings plumber.
Now the building management is responsible for repairing the damage as it was caused by a fault that occurred between apartments.
What I see:
- Some discoloration and stains around the area where the water leaked out.
- The ceiling looks slightly darker (still wet look - but not the touch) around the manhole up to the edge of the wall.
- Images here: corner discoloration hard to see and stain on manhole
I'm still waiting to hear back from the repair man about what steps he'll take. I'm hoping it will involve repainting the ceiling.
- What else can I look for / ask to be done as part of the ceiling repairs to ensure any damage doesn't get worse?
- Should I be concerned about the state of the plaster now?