Home Improvement Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for contractors and serious DIYers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

At work, the guy next to me goes to sites and does cable installs. He is having an issue with one site where there is a 90 degree bend and a traditional rod is not flexible enough.

He has been trying to source a tool for a while that he has used on a previous job that he thinks is called a "jimmy", which is very flexible and runs from a pump, but, after ringing around a few suppliers, we are unable to source the correct tool.

I was wondering if anyone knows what this is called or can anyone recommend any other tool for the job?

share|improve this question

Your friend is looking for Fish Tape, like this

enter image description here

or like this.

enter image description here

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.