Home Improvement Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for contractors and serious DIYers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I have just removed some frog tape from a painted wall and it has taken the paint off down to the plasterboard (4 layers, 2 undercoat and 2 topcoat).

How should I go about repairing the damaged areas?

share|improve this question
up vote 5 down vote accepted

I am assuming you have quite a divot that needs some filling. I recommend using lightweight Spackle. It is very easy to apply, and you can smooth it with fine sandpaper and a damp sponge about 15 mins after you apply it and paint it within an hour.

share|improve this answer
I ended up using some crack filler I already had, along with using a damp sponge to blend it in. It looks pretty good to my eye (untrained). I'll paint it later tonight and see how it holds up. It will be partially covered by some flock material, so should be fine in terms of longevity. Anyway, thanks for the answer and +1 for the damp sponge suggestion. – Antony Scott Dec 11 '11 at 13:31

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.