Home Improvement Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for contractors and serious DIYers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

hexigon shaped type thing hexigon shaped type thing

Any body have any idea what this thing is called?

share|improve this question
up vote 19 down vote accepted

This is just an Allen driver bit - you use it with a detachable head screwdriver.

share|improve this answer
I've also heard it called a hex bit. – JoeFish Dec 9 '11 at 12:39
Yup. It just happens to be the 1/4" one, which is the standard bit shank size. – KeithS May 3 '13 at 19:52

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.