Home Improvement Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for contractors and serious DIYers. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

i have a 100 amp breaker box i want to replace with a lager 100 amp breaker box do i need a permit in the city of Indianapolis?

share|improve this question

closed as too localized by BMitch, Tester101, Niall C., The Evil Greebo, Jeff Widmer Dec 1 '11 at 15:52

This question is unlikely to help any future visitors; it is only relevant to a small geographic area, a specific moment in time, or an extraordinarily narrow situation that is not generally applicable to the worldwide audience of the internet. For help making this question more broadly applicable, visit the help center.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Unfortunately this question is really too localised for a global site. The answer is probably "yes" - but you should check with the city council. – ChrisF Dec 1 '11 at 10:36
Replacing a load center is not a DIY job. It's not always as simple as "I need another breaker, but don't have an open slot... guess I'll just replace the panel with a larger one.". Contact your local government to find out if you need a permit, and call a licensed electrician to do the work. As a matter of fact... just call an electrician, he'll pull whatever permits he needs. – Tester101 Dec 1 '11 at 13:05
See this answer on this question. – Tester101 Dec 1 '11 at 13:22